Microsoft adds SQL Server 2005 Workgroup Edition
Microsoft is Expanding their SQL Server 2005 Product Line, with the introduction of SQL Server Workgroup Edition. These new price points are no doubt in response to open source database competitors such as MySQL and PostgreSQL.
Here's an overview of the SQL Server 2005 editions, and their pricing:
|Max Ram||1 GB||2 GB||Unlimited||Unlimited|
|Previous Prices||Free||N/A||$4,999 per processor or $2,249 (server + 10 users)||$19,999 per processor or $11,099 (server + 25 users)|
As you can see while the low end is easier to get into, but Microsoft has raised the prices on the high end (Standard and Enterprise versions of Microsoft SQL Server).
eWeek has also published an article on the new edition.
- Try Catch for SQLServer T-SQL - April 7, 2008
- SQL Server Express 2005, Finally Installed - September 7, 2005
- I give up! Installing SQL Server 2005 Express - February 25, 2005
- CFSummit 2016 Slides
- Securing Legacy CFML - dev.Objective() 2016 Slides
- My CFSummit 2015 Slide Decks
- Adding Chrome Custom Search for CFDocs
- Disable Flash Remoting on ColdFusion Servers
- HackMyCF Adds SSL/TLS Scanner
- IncompatibleClassChangeError after ColdFusion 11 Update 5
- Scope Injection in CFML