More Info about ColdFusion MX on Redhat 8
Dustin Krysak contacted me in response to a recent blog entry ColdFusion MX works on Redhat 8. He me provided a detailed checklist for installing ColdFusion MX on Redhat 8, and allowed me to post it to cfdev: Steps Taken to Install CFMX on RedHat 8.
I should point out that Verity doesn't work on Redhat 8, and Redhat 8 still isn't officially supported by Macromedia. Steven Erat posted this message today on the CF-Talk mailing list "Just a word of caution, although most features of CFMX run on Red Hat 8.0, its not a supported version. The main problem is that binary files used in Verity won't work. There may be some other binary files used for other features and they won't work either."
Too bad verity isn't written in Java, maybe Macromedia can persuade Verity to do so (hint hint).
- Travis CI Error when installing oraclejdk8
- Tuning Tomcat IIS Connectors worker.properties and server.xml
- Push Tomcat logs with the AWS CloudWatch Logs Agent
- Sending nginx access logs to CloudWatch Logs Agent
- Setup CloudWatch Logs Agent on Ubuntu 18.04 LTS
- Tomcat Virtual Directory Howto
- Communications link failure MySQL JDBC with TLS
- Redirect www and non https in IIS using web.config