8 Simple Quotes
Remember how technology was supposed to make our lives easier? In practice it actually tends to make our lives more complicated. This paradox has led many to embrace simplicity.
Here's a collection of quotes about simplicity, and keeping things simple.
"Make everything as simple as possible, but not simpler"
"Simplicity means the achievement of maximum effect with minimum means."
- Dr. Koichi Kawana, Architect, designed the botanical gardens
"Simplicity and repose are the qualities that measure the true value of any work of art."
- Frank Lloyd Wright, Architect, designed the Guggenheim.
"I don't think I've ever seen a piece of commercial software where the next version is simpler rather than more complex."
- Walter Bender, Executive Director of the MIT media lab.
"Simplicity hinges as much on cutting nonessential features as on adding helpful ones."
- Walter Bender
"The main purpose of science is simplicity and as we understand more things, everything is becoming simpler."
- Edward Teller, Scientist, father of the H Bomb.
"'Think simple' as my old master used to say meaning reduce the whole of its parts into the simplest terms, getting back to first principles."
- Frank Lloyd Wright
"Even for expert users things should be simple"
- Jason Fried, Web Developer at 37signals
If you have any other good quotes on simplicity please post them in the comments.
- Why no one visits your Website - March 31, 2006
- Simplicity Marc Chung: Nothing ventured, nothing gained
- What is the difference between ASCII Chr(10) and Chr(13)
- Fixinator and Foundeo Security Bundle
- Running CFML on AWS Lambda with FuseLess Slides
- Updating Java on ColdFusion or Lucee
- ColdFusion returning empty response with server-error: true
- Careful applying CF11u16, CF2016u8, CF2018u2
- Sessions don't work in Chrome but do in IE
- csrfVerifyToken does not invalidate the token