Free Chapters in Apache Security
Ivan has made two chapters from his book Apache Security available for download. He just released the chapter on secure php configuration, and the chapter on installation and configuration was previously made available.
When we made the decision to set the installation and configuration chaper free, several months ago, I did not realise this chapter only told one half of the story. Most people need to configure Apache *and* PHP. This is now fixed, and the two chapters together make a valuable resource.
Indeed, a valuable resource. I have had Ivan's book for a few weeks now, and it's a good one.
Like this? Follow me ↯Tweet Follow @pfreitag
Free Chapters in Apache Security was first published on June 13, 2005.
If you like reading about apache, security, php, books, or ivan ristic then you might also like:
- 20 ways to Secure your Apache Configuration
- Howto restrict what htaccess files can do on Apache
- Apache Security Patches on CentOS / RHEL
- Blocking .svn and .git Directories on Apache or IIS
- Fixing Apache (13)Permission denied: access to / 403 Forbidden
- Changing the ColdFusion CFIDE Scripts Location
- ColdFusion wsconfig Hotfix CVE-2009-1876 is for Apache Only
- Secure Browsing Mode
Want Security Advisories via Email?
Advisory Week is a new weekly email containing security advisories published by major software vendors (Adobe, Apple, Microsoft, etc).