Flash Cookies - Local Shared Objects
There is lots of buzz going on over marketers using Flash's Local Shared Objects to store client side information, instead of traditional http cookies. This is a response to a report from Jupiter research stating that 38% of web users delete cookies on a regular basis. Though I would not be surprised if 35% of the people surveyed though that deleting cookies, meant eating them.
Jason Dowdell rings in with a quote from Jeremy Allaire on local shared objects.
Personally I think it sucks that advertisers are exploiting this, because people will start disabling this handy feature in flash. Believe me the folks that frequent slashdot are just looking for any reason to disable the flash player.
- Objection - Firefox Extension for removing Local Shared Objects - April 11, 2005
- Objection 0.1 - a Firefox extension for deleting Local Shared Objects Greg Yardley's Internet Blog
- Facebook API Now Requires Review for user_friends Permission
- Docker Container exited with code 137
- Why is my cron.daily script not running?
- Announcing FuseGuard Version 3
- CFSummit 2017
- Java Unlimited Strength Crypto Policy for Java 9 or 1.8.0_151
- Java 9 Security Enhancements
- Upcoming CFML Conferences in April 2017