Trackbacks with ColdFusion
It's pretty simple to implement trackback pings with CFML, since trackbacks are simply just a HTTP form post to a specific url. The result is an XML file.
So do post a trackback to another blog, simply use CFHTTP:
<cfhttp url="http://the.trackback.url/" method="post"> <cfhttpparam name="url" value="http://www.yourblog.com/entry/123" type="formfield"> <cfhttpparam name="title" value="This is the title of your entry" type="formfield"> <cfhttpparam name="blog_name" value="Your Blog Name" type="formfield"> <cfhttpparam name="excerpt" value="An excerpt of your entry" type="formfield"> </cfhttp> <cfoutput>#HTMLEditFormat(cfhttp.filecontent)#</cfoutput>
The only required parameter is the
url of your blog entry, all others are optional.
The resulting XML will look like the following if there are no errors:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?> <response> <error>0</error> </response>
If there is an error, then the result will be something like this:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?> <response> <error>1</error> <message>The error message</message> </response>
To receive a trackback ping, it's also pretty simple, because you just handle the form variables, and output the resulting XML.
You can find all this info in the trackback spec.
- Trackbacks working on my blog - March 29, 2005
- Trackbacks working on my blog Pete Freitag
- Trackback Pings Adam Howitt's Blog
- How to issue a Trackback using Adobe ColdFusion and CFHTTP n-smith
- Tomcat Virtual Directory Howto
- Communications link failure MySQL JDBC with TLS
- Redirect www and non https in IIS using web.config
- Not authorized to perform: ssm:GetParameters
- What is the difference between ASCII Chr(10) and Chr(13)
- Fixinator and Foundeo Security Bundle
- Running CFML on AWS Lambda with FuseLess Slides
- Updating Java on ColdFusion or Lucee