PostgreSQL 8 Released
Some of the new features include:
- Win32 Native Server Installer - no more cygwin
- Savepoints - Savepoints allow specific parts of a transaction to be aborted without affecting the remainder of the transaction.
- Point-In-Time Recovery - there was no way to recover from disk drive failure except to restore from a previous backup or use a standby replication server. Point-in-time recovery allows continuous backup of the server. You can recover either to the point of failure or to some transaction in the past.
- Tablespaces - Tablespaces allow administrators to select the file systems used for storage of tables, indexes, and entire databases
I use PostgreSQL in production (this blog is even running on it), and its a great DB server. If your looking for an open source RDBMS that can match features with SQL Server, and Oracle then you should take a look at PostgreSQL. MySQL is working on these feature, but PG has had things like views and stored procedures for years, they are well tested and solid.
- Tomcat Virtual Directory Howto
- Communications link failure MySQL JDBC with TLS
- Redirect www and non https in IIS using web.config
- Not authorized to perform: ssm:GetParameters
- What is the difference between ASCII Chr(10) and Chr(13)
- Fixinator and Foundeo Security Bundle
- Running CFML on AWS Lambda with FuseLess Slides
- Updating Java on ColdFusion or Lucee