Do Not Reply
Have you ever sent email using a
email@example.com from email address? I have done this many times myself, but then the other day I realized that this practice makes no sense, at least for businesses.
When I got an email last week with such a bold DO-NOT-REPLY from address after placing an order, I had several thoughts... What happens if I do actually reply? What If I have a question, how can I contact you, why can't I just reply to this email? What if I just had a really good suggestion to share, oh well? Why don't they want my communication?
I think we use the
noreply as developers a lot of times without thinking how it will be perceived to customers - "this company doesn't want to talk to me".
There are probably some cases where the
noreply makes sense, but they are few and far between.
Please DO NOT post a comment either!
- CFSummit 2016 Slides
- Securing Legacy CFML - dev.Objective() 2016 Slides
- My CFSummit 2015 Slide Decks
- Adding Chrome Custom Search for CFDocs
- Disable Flash Remoting on ColdFusion Servers
- HackMyCF Adds SSL/TLS Scanner
- IncompatibleClassChangeError after ColdFusion 11 Update 5
- Scope Injection in CFML