Use Amazon SimpleDB for Free
Amazon has announced a new pricing tier today for their web services based distributed database engine SimpleDB. They have lowered storage price by 83% ($0.25/gb/month), and added a free usage tier.
Each month, there is no charge for the first 25 machine hours, 1 GB of data transfer (in and out), and 1 GB of storage that you use.
Amazon promises to keep the free usage tier in place for at least 6 months, but I think it may become a permanent fixture. More than anything else this will open up their platform to a lot of new developers, who will build applications that will eventually use and transfer more than 1GB of data.
SimpleDB and ColdFusion
There are a few ways you can use Amazon's SimpleDB web service with CFML. First the AWS Console Project has a SimpleDB CFC that you can use.
You can also use Amazon's SimpleDB Java Library API with ColdFusion.
- Upcoming CFML Conferences in April 2017
- CFSummit 2016 Slides
- Securing Legacy CFML - dev.Objective() 2016 Slides
- My CFSummit 2015 Slide Decks
- Adding Chrome Custom Search for CFDocs
- Disable Flash Remoting on ColdFusion Servers
- HackMyCF Adds SSL/TLS Scanner
- IncompatibleClassChangeError after ColdFusion 11 Update 5