ColdFusion 8 Update 1 Fixes some Image Processing Quirks
April 05, 2008
It was nice to see that two of the quirks that I talk about in my Image Processing in ColdFusion 8 presentation were fixed in ColdFusion 8, Update 1 - they are:
- The cfimage tag and image functions now retain EXIF data after operating on an image.
- The height and width attributes are now optional for cfimage action=captcha. If you omit these options ColdFusion sizes the Captcha image to fit the generated text. This is nice because if you specified a height or width that was too small it would throw an exception!
They also added two other enhancements / fixes in this update:
- The cfimage tag now supports alt, style, and other standard HTML image attributes.
- If you specify an image that uses the CMYK color space for the image border, ColdFusion converts it to the RGB color space. The source image is not changed.
Permalink | Add Comment | add to del.icio.us | Tags: cfimage, exif, captcha, image processing, coldfusion, cfml
- 10 Most Useful Image Functions in ColdFusion 8 - April 5, 2008
- Getting EXIF Metadata with ColdFusion 8 - October 26, 2007
- ColdFusion 8 Image Manipulation Presentation Recording - October 26, 2007
- CFImage Presentation Outline - September 14, 2007
- CFImage Effects Library for ColdFusion 8 - August 9, 2007
Trackback Address: 670/E0CFB2A02557E1A646BFB25A65CB50A4
- Apache Security Patches on CentOS / RHEL
- FuseGuard 2.4 Released
- New HackMyCF Features
- Blocking .svn and .git Directories on Apache or IIS
- CFDocs site now Open Source
- Getting Size of Heap and Non Heap Memory in CFML
- Firefox Aurora now Supports Content Security Policy 1.0
- Writing Secure CFML cfObjective 2013 Slides