Why no one visits your Website
Scott Heiferman wrote up 50 Reasons Why More People Aren't Using Your Website. It's a good reality check. Nobody wants to use your web site - but they will use it if it's fun, solves a problem, provides them with information, or if they are forced to.
Here are some excerpts from his list that I liked:
- Because it solves a problem they don't have
- Because nobody at work said they should use it
- Because it doesn't save them a ton of time
- Because it doesn't save lives or save the world
- Because they've got jobs & kids & they're busy
- Because they're scared of the computer
- Because it says "tags" or "rss" and they feel stupid
- Because they've never heard of flickr or delicious either
- Because they just don't want to read what you want them to read
I think this list speaks to the fact that you need to be making your web sites as simple, and easy to use as possible. Because people are busy - they don't want to read, or figure out how it works.
- 8 Simple Quotes - November 17, 2005
- Why is my cron.daily script not running?
- Announcing FuseGuard Version 3
- CFSummit 2017
- Java Unlimited Strength Crypto Policy for Java 9 or 1.8.0_151
- Java 9 Security Enhancements
- Upcoming CFML Conferences in April 2017
- CFSummit 2016 Slides
- Securing Legacy CFML - dev.Objective() 2016 Slides