USB Phone for Skype on Mac
I mentioned previously that I was looking at voip phone services. I decided to go with Skype, and finally got around to getting a USB phone. I ended up going with the IPEVO Free-1 (pictured on the left) mainly because it was one of the few USB phones I could find that supports Mac OS X (it also works well on Windows BTW).
Overall I like the phone it has good quality. It was a lot smaller than I had expected, but it turns out it is just the right size.
The only thing not to like, is the cable - eventually I will probably get a Wireless Wi-Fi Skype Phone, but they are still very new, and kinda pricy. You can also use Bluetooth headsets with skype now. I considered using a bluetooth headset, but I decided that I wanted something that I can dial.
As you can guess device support is one of the main reasons I went with Skype. This IPEVO phone has a button that calls up (it will launch the program, or focus the window if already loaded) skype on your computer, you can then scroll through the contacts, or just dial a number.
- SkypeIn Review - May 2, 2006
- Gizmo vs Skype - January 7, 2006
- Working with /etc/hosts on Mac - December 1, 2008
- Anyone used MacFuse? - January 13, 2007
- Howto Backup your Mac incrementally over SSH - March 10, 2006
- Why is my cron.daily script not running?
- Announcing FuseGuard Version 3
- CFSummit 2017
- Java Unlimited Strength Crypto Policy for Java 9 or 1.8.0_151
- Java 9 Security Enhancements
- Upcoming CFML Conferences in April 2017
- CFSummit 2016 Slides
- Securing Legacy CFML - dev.Objective() 2016 Slides