Over 90% of trackbacks were spam
I haven't been monitoring my trackbacks for a while, and when I checked them this morning I found a ton of spam. After I was finished deleting around 700 trackbacks (not by hand, I ran queries with spam words).
I found that over 90% of all the trackbacks that I've had on my blog are spam. That figure was a little higher than I expected. Keep in mind that I wasn't doing much to filter them out. I generally like the idea of trackbacks, so I'm not going to disable them. Would you stop using email just because you get a lot of spam? No you get a better filter.
So that's just what I did, and thankfully Ray Camden just posted a list of trackback spam words that I was able to easily use in my own blog software. Thanks Ray!.
- Trackback Salt - March 30, 2005
- Google Blog Search - Not Impressed - September 14, 2005
- How I block comment spam - July 19, 2005
- Trackbacks working on my blog - March 29, 2005
- Upcoming CFML Conferences in April 2017
- CFSummit 2016 Slides
- Securing Legacy CFML - dev.Objective() 2016 Slides
- My CFSummit 2015 Slide Decks
- Adding Chrome Custom Search for CFDocs
- Disable Flash Remoting on ColdFusion Servers
- HackMyCF Adds SSL/TLS Scanner
- IncompatibleClassChangeError after ColdFusion 11 Update 5