I have to admit, I always thought XML would be at 1.0 forever, but Tim makes some interesting points:
it's usually a bad idea for a document to express an opinion as to what its own schema is. Most useful languages have more than one schema, and it?s the absolute right of someone receiving a document to decide whether it meets their definition of "valid" before they use it, so they're going to make their own decisions as to which schema (if any) is appropriate.
How could you think that XML 1.0 would be around forever, when XML 1.1 was finalized in February 2004?
- Upcoming CFML Conferences in April 2017
- CFSummit 2016 Slides
- Securing Legacy CFML - dev.Objective() 2016 Slides
- My CFSummit 2015 Slide Decks
- Adding Chrome Custom Search for CFDocs
- Disable Flash Remoting on ColdFusion Servers
- HackMyCF Adds SSL/TLS Scanner
- IncompatibleClassChangeError after ColdFusion 11 Update 5