Some del.icio.us Tips
del.icio.us, if your not fimiliar with it, is a social bookmarking tool. I use it for two reasons, its an easy way to access my bookmarks on multiple computers, and its a great way to find new web sites.
I have mentioned it a few times on my blog (I even have a link to bookmark with del.icio.us at the bottom of every post). My current poll asks: How do you manage your bookmarks? - 32% say del.icio.us so far.
So here are a few del.icio.us tips that you may have known about:
- Find out what's popular - use the del.icio.us/popular page to see what web pages are being bookmarked most frequently today, there is also an RSS feed. If you monitor this page you will know about cool web sites and things days or weeks before the main stream.
- Keep up to date on a subject/tag - want to see the latest links about ColdFusion? visit: del.icio.us/tag/coldfusion. This page can also be monitored by an RSS feed.
- Combine tags - want to see links about coldfusion and flash? del.icio.us/tag/coldfusion+flash
- See only popular items - if you just want to see the popular items for a tag, such as CSS del.icio.us/popular/css
- Find bookmarks by filetype - this was just added on Sunday - you can do http://del.icio.us/tag/system:filetype:mp3+jazz the RSS feeds for video and audio types use RSS enclosures so you can use them with podcasting software.
- Find by media type - the supported media types are audio, video, image and document. So you want to find the latest funny video's, checkout: http://del.icio.us/tag/system:media:video+funny.
- ColdFusion is Delicious - December 31, 2004
- Increase Productivity with Action Tagging - August 1, 2005
- How To Make a Tag Cloud - June 24, 2005
- Visualization of my del.icio.us tags - April 24, 2006
- Amazon Adds Tagging - November 15, 2005
- CFSummit 2016 Slides
- Securing Legacy CFML - dev.Objective() 2016 Slides
- My CFSummit 2015 Slide Decks
- Adding Chrome Custom Search for CFDocs
- Disable Flash Remoting on ColdFusion Servers
- HackMyCF Adds SSL/TLS Scanner
- IncompatibleClassChangeError after ColdFusion 11 Update 5
- Scope Injection in CFML