MarketingSherpa doesn't get RSS
I posted a follow up to an article that appeared in MarketingSherpa called: RSS in Reality: Not a Replacement for Email - Metrics & Best Practices on our our company blog. MarketingSherpa often has some interesting articles, though I'm told this is not the first time they have been way off base.
I recommend you read that article, so when your boss comes to you with all sorts of misconceptions about RSS, you will know where he or she read it.
So who is going to win RSS vs Email? Neither will win - both will exist for a long time. If your a marketer asking that question, and making a choice between one or the other - I don't think that's a wise thing to do. If your smart you will support both.
For me it is a personal preference, some sites I like to subscribe to via RSS, some I prefer getting email updates.
- Zookoda For Sale - September 22, 2006
- Upcoming CFML Conferences in April 2017
- CFSummit 2016 Slides
- Securing Legacy CFML - dev.Objective() 2016 Slides
- My CFSummit 2015 Slide Decks
- Adding Chrome Custom Search for CFDocs
- Disable Flash Remoting on ColdFusion Servers
- HackMyCF Adds SSL/TLS Scanner
- IncompatibleClassChangeError after ColdFusion 11 Update 5