Usability Tip for Visited Link Colors
I have been messing around with some link colors on my dealazon site over the weekend, and I noticed that visited link colors we're really important.
So my tip is don't make a visited link color darker than the default link color. Here are the colors that I was using:
This is a regular link
This is a visited link
Using those colors my brain found it very hard to believe that the darker color was a visited link. For some reason I am used to lighter colors for visited links.
I tend to like silver as a vlink color, it works well with white backgrounds in pretty much all color schemes, and also makes it known that the link was clicked.
- Usability vs User Experience - June 28, 2006
- Cognitive Bias - January 18, 2006
- Stupid, Evil, and Lazy Design - July 5, 2005
- New Homepage Design - July 5, 2005
- Why is my cron.daily script not running?
- Announcing FuseGuard Version 3
- CFSummit 2017
- Java Unlimited Strength Crypto Policy for Java 9 or 1.8.0_151
- Java 9 Security Enhancements
- Upcoming CFML Conferences in April 2017
- CFSummit 2016 Slides
- Securing Legacy CFML - dev.Objective() 2016 Slides