Parsing RSS with CFMX
I came up with a code sample to parse RSS with CFMX today based on a question about CFMX XML functions on my local CFUG mailing list. It should do ok with RSS 2.0, and 0.91, and also well formed RSS 0.92. It won't work with RSS 1.0.
- Parsing RSS 1.0 with ColdFusion MX - April 8, 2004
- RSS and XPath - April 8, 2004
- Foundeo's 2007 End of the Year Sale - December 21, 2007
- Apple still likes their RSS icon - January 10, 2006
- AJAX Tutorial with Prototype - December 13, 2005
Out of curiosity (an please realize I just recently started working with RSS). Why don't you just use XSLT transformations to merely format the RSS as you see fit? Or are you trying to convert it for storage purposes? I am not sure of the benefits (execution time, etc.) of doing either, but I found in my recent work on a CF based Aggregator that XSLT was the easiest to do. The reason for this is that I wanted to be able to change the layout depending on the feed if necessary. Of course it defaults to a generic layout that will handle all forms of RSS.
- Docker Container exited with code 137
- Why is my cron.daily script not running?
- Announcing FuseGuard Version 3
- CFSummit 2017
- Java Unlimited Strength Crypto Policy for Java 9 or 1.8.0_151
- Java 9 Security Enhancements
- Upcoming CFML Conferences in April 2017
- CFSummit 2016 Slides